www.friendee-freda.com

The Mazda Bongo Friendee & Ford Freda Owners Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: bongo! i said BONGO!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:09 pm 

allo! had my bongo about 3 months now and it's a great car/van/mpv/beast! not quite the fastest motor in the world but spacious and comfortable.... and bizarrely it doesnt make me tired on longer journeys! quite why that happens i have no idea! but anyways i'm Karl, nice to meet you and hope to chat with you all on here, cheery bye!

Post subject: Re: bongo! i said BONGO!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:19 pm 

Hi Karl
I'm thinking of getting a Bongo - a friends has been telling me to look at them for weeks. What age is your one? I'm a tad scared of the automatic gearbox as I've never driven an auto before.
Annie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:16 pm 

Hi Annie. My name is Ian. I have just joined the forum having bought my 1998 Bongo on Tuesday. I took my time and checked out many vehicles before deciding on a very clean one that had just been imported. I have had a full side conversion and it looks great !!! Don't worry about the automatic. They are easy to drive, although you will probably be aware that they are not the fastest thing on wheels, but they are not designed for speed.
My advice is take your time to find the right one and ensure you test drive it to ensure you would be happy with it.
Keep reading the various Forums for Bongos that are about to get a better idea of what they are, and what to look out for when viewing.

Cheers.

Ian.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:42 pm 

i have a manual bongo and it's a frisky and fun drive. it's no ferrari but if you need to get 6 kids to and from school then this is a good drive and it doesnt make you wanna slit your wrists at the end of it!

mine is a tin top and as it rolled out the factory,