www.friendee-freda.com

The Mazda Bongo Friendee & Ford Freda Owners Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:13 pm 

Just wanted to warn any others so that they did not regret their potential purchase, wish someone had for me. Recently purchased a vehicle from this guy with a 12 month warranty, was suspicious of front shocks on this vehicle when test drove, dealer said their was nothing wrong with them as he was doing the MOT, even though their was a loud thud on the front end when going over a snail shell, purchased and took it back a few weeks later as banging was worrying me and that this could not be normal. They replaced drop links saying that was cause. Few days later started again so i replaced shocks with genuine ones. Problem cured. About 10 weeks later one of the drop links sheared off and was hanging off. I said vehicle was still under warranty so he had it in. Received call to say vehicle was ready and that i must pay £65 for labour. WHAT,, i said. He said to me that i had been over to many potholes and speed humps and that what has caused it. I replied is that not what shock absorbers are for, making the case that he sold me a vehicle with duff ones. He would not accept liability and said if i was not happy to pay he would undo the work carried out back to the original condition. So i am paying under protest and the matter is in the hands of trading standards. The guys location,,,

http://www.gandpcars.co.uk/